2012-2014 Action Plans for Human Rights
The National Human Rights Commission of Korea adopted the 2012-14 Action Plans for the Promotion of Human Rights which focus on ① cultivating a culture of human rights; ② constructing an institutional framework of human rights protection; and ③ strengthening its capacity to provide an effective remedy for victims of human rights violations.
The five strategic objectives are:
- Ensuring and strengthening a legal and administrative system for the protection of fundamental rights
- Expanding the human rights protection for socially vulnerable groups
- Improving the effectiveness of its investigations and remedies
- Spreading a culture of human rights through human rights education
- Eliminating discrimination