The National Human Rights Commission of Korea (NHRCK) has a mandate to provide human rights education and training forthe promotion of public awareness and public sensitivity to human rights. The Commission makes efforts to integrate human rightsprinciples into the curricula of every educational institution including primary and secondary schools and universities.
Furthermore, the Commission arranges a variety of educational activities to make human rights important criteria for selections and evaluations including civil service exams. Also, the Commission has cultivated a culture of human rights in society through publications and the development of cultural contents. It also operates human rights library to provide a better access to the human rights information.
Key Opinions & Recommendations
- Human rights education for prosecutors, prison and police officers
- Operation of human rights research schools
- Operation of human rights education center
- Development of human rights educational materials for primary and secondary schools
- Production and distribution of human rights films and animations